Confession: I am obsessed with true crime. I can tell you a lot of details on cases you may have never heard of. I’m just obsessed with the human mind and what drives people to do horrific things.
I AM NOT A SERIAL KILLER. But the above is what I look like at dinner parties discussing cold cases in detail.
All that said, I love a good recipe that allows me to return back to my true crime books or documentaries. So I’m an amateur sleuth at both (1) researching cold cases and (2) finding easy/delicious recipes.
Enter grilled green beans. A quick dressing tossed with green beans and red onions get slung on the grill to blister for 10ish minutes and you’re back to your guilty pleasure of choice.
Grilled Green Beans
- 1 pound green beans (washed and trimmed as desired)
- 1 small red onion (thinly sliced)
For The Dressing:
- 3 Tbsp grapeseed oil (can also use canola)
- 3 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- Place vegetable basket for grilling on grill. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Add green beans and onions to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the dressing.
- Pour dressing over green beans and toss together well.
- Add green bean mixture to hot grill basket. Grill for 7-12 minutes, stirring every few minutes, until green beans reach desired doneness.
- Remove green beans from grill and place on a serving platter. Serve.