I’m a fruity-dessert kind of gal. Y’all can have your bougie salted-caramel-death-by-chocolate-tortes from fancy eateries while I inhale a strawberry milkshake from Zaxby’s.
And birthday cake? Not a fan. I’ll take warm cobbler with melty vanilla ice cream ANY DAY OF THE WEEK over crusty sprinkles and frosting from the Winn-Dixie. But I do love a box of cake mix because it comes in clutch for this cobbler hack.
I invented this pineapple cobbler using cake mix and honestly I should publish it on printed pages if I ever publish a cookbook called “Dessert For Dummies”. It’s simple. Like… stupid simple. Your third grader that can read a recipe can fix it up.
Throw some vanilla ice cream on top and I will stalk your dessert. I will just manifest in your kitchen and lick the pan. You will walk in and have questions and be salty that I ate your leftovers. I will regret nothing. I will have some ‘splaining to do when the cops show up.
Here’s your recipe.
Pineapple Cake Mix Cobbler
- 40 oz cans pineapple chunks (undrained)
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1½ sticks unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Lightly grease a 9×12 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine pineapple, sugar, flour, and cornstarch. Mix until well combined and no lumps remain. Add to casserole dish and spread out evenly.
- Spread out dry cake mix over top, spreading out evenly.
- Cut butter in pieces and scatter evenly over the top of the cake mix.
- Place dish in oven and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the top is medium golden brown.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice, if desired.
6 thoughts on “Pineapple Cake Mix Cobbler”
I admittedly love anything pineapple so I obviously had to try this right away. It was easy enough that my 5 year old got to help. And it was fantastic! I also like that it can be made year round since it uses canned pineapple instead of seasonal fruit. I will definitely make this one again.
I’m so glad you loved it!
Can I use a glass 9×13??
Yes! This is fine.
In the PineappleCake Mix Cobbler you stated 40 oz “cans” of pineapple. Exactly how many 40 oz cans are required for this 9×12 baking dish?
Sounds delicious, but how many 40 oz cans of pineapple do you use for this 9×12 baking dish? Your recipe states 40 oz “cans”.