So my great grandma had a great philosophy on food. I call it the Mammaw method. She said “Any time you’re eatin’ somethin’ and ask yourself ‘WHY IS THIS SO GOOD?! WHAT IS IN THIS?!’ the answer is ALWAYS gonna be a sticka butter.”
She ain’t wrong. A sticka butter makes everything better. Except your cholesterol. After all, I called this the Mammaw method; not the cardiologist method.
She ain’t wrong. Sling some butter in your chocolate pie and it’s next level. Put some butter in your mac and cheese and you’re on a one way trip to yummytown. Throw it on some potatoes and HAVE MERCY.
It’s super simple and you’re gonna love it.
Crispy Garlicky Potatoes
- 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes (thoroughly washed and dried off with paper towels)
- 2 tsp garlic salt (tested with Lawry's)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 stick butter (unsalted)
- ¼ cup parmesan (grated)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a food processor or using a mandoline, cut potatoes into thin slices.
- Arrange the potatoes in a circular or square pattern in a pie plate or an 8×8 casserole dish.
- Spray tops of potatoes with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle garlic salt, pepper, and thyme evenly over potatoes.
- Cut stick of butter into cubes and evenly space over potatoes.
- Place potatoes in oven and cook 1 hour. Remove potatoes from oven. Let stand for 10 minutes. Sprinkle parmesan over the potatoes. Serve immediately.