The early 2000’s called. They want their pizza back. BUT THEY CAN PRY IT FROM MY COLD DEAD FINGERS.
I DO NOT CARE if this pizza is tired or if it has been done by everyone including Cici’s.
Someone cue up the Backstreet Boys because IIIIII WANT IT THAAAAAT WAAAAAY.
Just look at it and tell me the song doesn’t apply.
*You are. My fire. The one. Desire. Believe. When I say. IIIIII WANT IT THAAAAAT WAAAAAY.*
*Tell me why. Ain’t nothing for this to baaaake.*
Okay. I’ll stop. Even though I really want to keep going. Here’s the recipe.
BBQ Chicken Mini Pizzas
- 8 oz pizza dough (tested with Publix)
For my BBQ sauce:
- 1 Tbsp butter (unsalted)
- ½ small sweet onion (chopped)
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 1 large clove garlic (minced)
- 1 cup ketchup (tested with Heinz)
- ⅛ cup molasses
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ⅙ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 1½ tsp chili powder
- 1½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 dash liquid smoke
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
For the Remaining Toppings:
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (for brushing)
- 4 oz grilled chicken (sliced, chopped, or shredded)
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella (thinly sliced and roughly chopped)
- 2 oz smoked gouda (shredded)
- ½ handful fresh cilantro
- Preheat to oven to 550°. Place pizza dough (still in bag) on counter to rise for at least 1/2 an hour.
To Make The Sauce:
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onions with salt and pepper and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add in garlic and stir for 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Remove from heat.
- In the same saucepan, add in remaining sauce ingredients. Whisk together and return to heat until boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low and partially cover. Simmer for 20-30 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and cool. In either a blender or using an immersion blender, blend sauce until smooth.
To Assemble The Pizzas:
- Use all purpose flour to dust rolling surface with to prevent the dough from sticking.
- Cut pizza dough in half. Make each piece a round ball. Roll each piece out to 7" round.
- Add dough to mini pizza pans. Brush outside edges of dough with olive oil.
- Brush inside the edges with BBQ sauce. Reserve remaining sauce for other uses or for dipping.
- Top with chicken, and cheeses. Bake pizzas in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Top with fresh cilantro. Slice into 4 wedges and serve.